Last update: May 2022
This Returns Policy is applicable for Drop-ship ONLY
The returns policy, along with our full Terms & Conditions must be read, understood and followed to enable us to successfully process your returns claim.
Without limitation, please read carefully under “Dropship Terms and Conditions” the following subsections for information concerning the limitations on our liability for product warranty claims:
“Defective Goods and Returns”
- We accept returns on account of manufacturing defects and transit damages subject to approval by the Returns Team. This includes free collection of the defective merchandise. Our Terms and Conditions apply.
- All returns must be logged within 2 working days through the Trade account dashboard / Virtual Assistant Flo.
These terms are also applicable to any repaired or replacement goods we ship out to you. All refunds are processed within 14 business days and for the safety and security of your account; we only refund to the original bank account details which was used against the original order.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 is NOT applicable to us, Artisan Furniture, due to the fact that we only work on a Business to Business basis. This law applies to consumers only, which you are held liable for as a Trade Account holder. For more details regarding this, please refer to our Terms and Conditions.
Sale of Goods Act 1979 (SOGA) and Supply of Goods & Service Act 1982 (SOGASA)
It is imperative to note that Global Vision Direct Limited T/A Artisan Furniture deals in business to business (B2B) transactions and contracts only.
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 has been largely repealed and replaced by The Consumer Rights Act 2015. This legislation applies to contracts between a Consumer and a business. Under the new law, a ‘consumer’ is someone who isn’t acting for the purposes of a business when they deal with the trader. This means that a business that buys goods isn’t counted as a consumer under the Consumer Rights Act. Therefore, in a business-to-business (B2B) transactions such protection shall not apply.
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 and the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 may only apply to business-to-business contracts in a very limited sense and in so far as the legislation has not been waived or negated by you by agreeing to Terms and Conditions. Such application will only apply in a case where the trade order terms are either inconsistent with the terms or fairness ruled by a court or are deemed to be so by a court under the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
As a business to business partner you are bound by the terms & conditions and the exclusions as listed in our Terms and Conditions. Bear in mind that liability may be limited or excluded by the terms and conditions of a business-to-business contract.
Customers sometimes claim that Sale of Goods Act 1979 (SOGA) and Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (SOGASA) apply and we need to accept returns beyond the agreed timelines – This is not the case in a B2B contract.
In a B2B contract there is no automatic right to a refund except that provided for in the contract and the terms and conditions –
The below are the salient features of the above laws-
- SOGA & SOGASA implied term as to description and not quality
- SOGA & SOGASA implied term as to fitness for purpose
- SOGA & SOGASA rules on exclusion of liability by the seller
We further confirm that as a B2B entity SOGA OR SOGASA are excluded.
- All returns must be in the original packaging and in the same condition as it was received
- All returns must be submitted with complete evidence and information within 2 working days of your delivery. A picture of the defect and packaging box must be included with your submission together with a brief explanation of the issue to enable our returns team to make a decision against your claim. We do not consider evidence submitted outside the agreed deadlines.
- Always quote the Product Code number & PO number.
- All returns must be submitted on your trade account under the ‘My Returns’ tab
- Returns submitted over emails are not entertained
- Incorrect and incomplete notified returns may not be processed
- The courier company will only collect/deliver the approved goods based on your RMA form.
- We aim to process the request and revert within 2-5 business days.
- The courier company will only collect the returned product from the registered shipping address (meaning, the original delivery address) and under no circumstances will the product be collected from another address. This safeguard is in place to inspect the product at the original address to avoid any possibility of breakage in subsequent transits.
- If the product has been moved to another address, the return stands void.
- Any products returned without our authorization will not be credited in any manner
- Please refer to the ‘Handmade Goods’ policy section under Terms & Conditions to understand the natural occurrences on our handmade furniture to avoid getting your claim rejected
- Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for our full returns policy
In the unlikely event that the Goods do not conform to these Terms, please let us know immediately after delivery and follow the below Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) –
- Notify us no later than 2 working days from the date of received delivery *
- If we accept your claim, we will arrange a collection of the goods on an agreed date and once we have analysed that the goods are either damaged or defected, we will offer one of the below options according to your own claim:
(a) Issue a credit note
(b) Issue a discount
(c) Provide you with a full or partial refund
(d) Replace the Goods
(e) Repair the Goods
Please find below examples and correct interpretation of return deadlines:
Notification by end of:
Wednesday until 23:59 hours
Thursday until 23:59 hours
Friday until 23:59 hours
Monday until 23:59 hours
Tuesday until 23:59 hours
Tuesday until 23:59 hours
Tuesday until 23:59 hours
We Do Not consider weekends and US Federal holidays as working days
Goods are NOT sold on a ‘sale or return’ basis. If there is a change of mind on your end or customers end; we will not accept a return as we are not liable for this. Drop-ship customers must understand their legal obligation before placing an order with Artisan Furniture. For UK customers, the 14 days legal cooling off period provided for in consumer protect statutes is NOT applicable on us because we are a trade only website and any such obligations must be met & fulfilled between the trade account holder & their end user / customer. We have no responsibility or liability whatsoever regarding the legal 14 days cooling off period as our agreement is set out between Seller (Artisan Furniture) and Buyer (valid trade account holder) and doesn’t cover the end user, if applicable. In the unlikely event of your customer refusing to accept the delivery; the onus to accept the product lies with the trade account holder including wasted delivery as well as alternative delivery location. Global Vision Direct Ltd will not accept the liability even if the product is returned back to us as the product is then graded as ‘junk’ therefore fetching us a nominal residual value.
- We do not accept cancellations, refunds or replacements of bespoke products if the product is already under production or on its way.
- We only accept a replacement or a refund in the rare event of the item arriving damaged.
- Following receipt by us of correctly notified and sufficient evidence of the damage, we will then arrange a collection and a replacement/refund/repair.
- Once executed, back orders are treated like normal ‘standard’ orders and therefore the same Standard Operating Procedure and returns policy is applicable.
100% of our products are hand-crafted individually. Further, most of our products are hand-made from solid wood, hence variation in size, colour, finish, texture, natural grain pattern, knots, movement of timber, etc are an integral part of the way products are naturally made and promoted. We strongly recommend that you have made yourself fully aware about the nature of our offered hand-made solid wood products to avoid any disenchantment at a later stage. We regret we will not treat any of the above variations as defects, as these are natural occurrences.
The below attributes are considered as part and parcel of our Handmade products. This is not an exhaustive list.
- Different shades of wood or finish.
- Slight design difference from picture – example the carving is not exactly the same as the published picture.
- Small filler marks – as long as the extent of filler does not cover a high percentage of the piece.
- Dimension differences – within acceptable levels. This applies to positioning of shelf or product height etc and not just overall dimensions.
- Two pieces not being exactly the same – we suggest that if a customer wants to ensure exactly matching pieces they must order ‘bespoke’ products
- Fabric orientation – where the pictures on fabrics are not in exactly the same locations as on the photographs
- Fabric colour different to picture – down to the difficulty in colour rendition of various computers
- Gap around the drawers and doors to give room for change in temperature.
- In Painted and screen printed items, a minor off-touch as the entire process is manually done and is not machine generated and variations do happen due to wood surface or otherwise.
You may encounter variations from batch to batch hence if you are looking to pair products under similar room settings; you should opt for a bespoke order or make an informed decision about the possible variations. We regret, will NOT treat any of the above variations as defects, as these are natural occurrences.